Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Help! I want to start using mineral foundation. Who has the best mineral foundation?

I have used Mary Kay and Clinique most of my life. I am so fair that nothing really looks good on me. I am fair with pink undertones. The older I get, the more natural I want it to look. So, I am in the market for a new foundation. I love the look of mineral foundation, but don't really know where to get started. I am not familiar with any of the brands. I bought some cheap Jane mineral makeup at Wal-Greens to play with. It looked horrible and made my face itch like crazy!! I want a good quality makeup. If it cost a little more than most, it will be ok if it looks good. Any recommendations? Also, do you moisturize under the mineral foundation like other foundations? HELP!Help! I want to start using mineral foundation. Who has the best mineral foundation?
i highly recommend bare minerals by bare escentuals. i've been using it for 5 years now, it is the best make-up i've found in over 25 years. check it out at any ulta, sephora, or nordstrom store, to see how you like it on your skin, before you buy. it comes in several light shades, i use fairly light myself. i moisturize 30 minutes before putting on foundation, to make sure my bare vitamins skin revver-upper is absorbed.Help! I want to start using mineral foundation. Who has the best mineral foundation?
I like the original mineral makeup companies. The new copies like the drugstore brands and the sephora brands tend to have fillers and irritants in them. The originals are youngblood, jane iredale, and La Bella Donna. These were the first companies to start the concept of using minerals. All are pure and give beautiful finishes. I use the Jane Iredale in my professional kit because it gives such a flawless finish on all types of skin and it isn't loaded with fillers and preservatives which can affect the final finish. It's a bit pricier than the the knock off brands at Sephora and the drugstores but it's pricier because they only use pure minerals and don't load it with fillers.





You do moisturize underneath minerals but you want to make sure that the moisturizer has soaked in before applying minerals over top. Mineral application is a bit tricky at first.


Minerals are like gemstones, the more you polish them the shinier they became. To apply minerals on your face do the following:


1. apply to clean dry skin (cleanse, tone, and moisturize like your normally would)


2. use concealer in any spots you feel really need extra help. Minerals will cover quit a few imperfections but if you have any fresh acne or very dark circles you'll want to pre-conceal those areas.


3. Set any concealed areas or moist or oily areas with a light dusting of translucent powder


4. If using loose minerals then use a kabuki brush (flat topped brush like this flat top foundation brush http://adesignbrushes.com/products/face-鈥?/a>


to apply the minerals.


If using pressed minerals use a sponge wedge to apply


5. dip your brush or sponge into the minerals by pressing the product into the brush or sponge. For brush use shake a little minerals into the top of your jar lid and then press the brush into the lid to pick up the minerals. Turn the brush upside down with the bristles facing the ceiling and tap the end of the brush on a countertop to force the makeup on top of the bristles to settle further into the brush so you don't get any ';hot spots'; when you first apply.


6. Pat (don't rub, smear, blend, or slide) the mineral makeup on your face. The brush or sponge should touch one place on your face and then be picked up off the face and moved to the spot right next to it, no sliding it around.


7. Reload the brush or sponge as many times as you need to cover the face.


8. use a mist of toner, evian mist, or mineral water in a pump bottle oil mister to spray a fine mist of liquid over the top of your head. Lean your head back and let the mist fall lightly on the skin. This step dampens the minerals which takes away the powdery look and allows them to bond with the skin for longwear.


9. Apply your makeup like normal. As long as your face has dried from the misting (which should take only a few seconds because you only want a light mist not a damp or wet face) then you may apply the rest of your makeup as normal. You can even apply cream blushes over top as long as you use a makeup brush and not a sponge.


10. If you see any areas that need more concealing feel free to take a small makeup brush and lightly pat more minerals over top of that spot for extra concealing.





Minerals are really great because they act as natural anti-inflammatory agents. As the skin ages inflammation causes a breakdown of collagen. Minerals not only fight this inflammation with their zinc oxide base but they also provide natural long lasting sun protection with a breathable layer of concealing. I really love minerals for professional use and for everyday use.
i like bare minerals. my mom uses it and its AMAZiNG!! it looks and feels soo natural and its waterproof. it's all natural and its so pure that you can go to bed without taking it off and you won't break out! =]] it actually helps your skin. my mom uses it, and her skin looks much better than it did before. you can get bare minerals at a lot of makeup stores. my mom got hers at sephora, but there's also bare escentuales [not sure if i spelled that right] stores at a lot of malls. my mom got a kit which had two shades of the minerals, a bronzer type powder, and a mattefying type powder, and also 3 different brushes. she got all of this for $60. its really worth it! you can also order it at http://www.sephora.com/ or http://www.bareminerals.com/





hope this helps! %26lt;3
I'd recommed Bare Esentuals or Colorlab..both amazind brands...but make sure your moisteriser soaks into your skin well first!
unlike the majority, i usually use Physicians Formula or something like that. it works WONDERS!!!!!!





it's light, clears skin, lasts long, and WORKS.





totally recomend it.
I'm confused are you saying you don't like Mary Kay? it is the only I foundation that does look natural for me. I am fair with pink under tones too. Have you tried Mary Kay dual powder ?I'm sure your consultant has explained it is it is mineral powder too.
i think theres this brand its like called i.d. bare minerals or something heres the site =]





http://www.bareminerals.com/
I would suggest bare minerals I've got the same kind of skin that you do and I really like it and about the moisturizer if you get the starter kit then I'm pretty sure it comes with moisturizer it costs about $60 but it comes with a good bit of stuff you can get it at www.bareMinerals.com or I get mine from www.Sephora.com hope I helped
bare minerals. you have to gett it online tho.
The best of the best product is available on line I have the same complexion as you and I use the Bee Luscious Cosmetics Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in the color Porcelain, it is the most amazing product you can buy. I have personally used Bare Minerals and Bare Essentuals and hated it...it clogged my pores and irritated my skin to breaking out it was horrible, I became so skeptical but a very good friend and co-worker told me about the products from Bee Luscious Cosmetics and I tried it and I am so thankful I did. I also use their hydrating cream concentrate for the face and its truly WONDERFUL, great results and m skin is truly FLAWLESS since I have used all their products. Good Luck ...
I like Bare Essentials also known as Bare Minerals. You can get it at Sephora, some Nordstroms, QVC and several other places. They have a wide variety of shades. My daughter is very fair and she uses their lightest shade. Check online and you can find it. I only use it on certain places (like my nose and chin) as I don't wear much makeup at all. Also, I'm 50 yrs of age so my skin looks better without too much on it! They carry shadows, liners, just anything you could want! Also, yes you can use a moisturizer.
I use bare minerals from sephora and its the best make-up i have ever used. It is so light that you cant see it like cakey foundation and it feels like i am not wearing anything. It looks so natural and i love the make-up
I have always used Clinique and I to am bumbed the they aren't coming out w/ a mineral foundation. I use ';bare mineral';... thought I have a reaction to SPF, I don't wear make up w/ it in them. I don't use Bare Minerals foundation and blushes because of that, but every thing else in their product line in SPF free. It works just like foundation to me w/ out that fake look. a good place to get BM is at Safora and even JCPennys or their web site. i recommend getting the starers kit at first. I still use cliniqu for blushes and other items. I don't moisturize under foundation it feels cakey to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin